Professor in Chemistry
– January 2012: Team Leader “Organic Synthesis” (17 permanent) of IC2MP.
: Professor at the University of Poitiers.
– 2007-2009 Master Conf. : UMR 7201 (UPMC-Paris6, Prof. M. Malacria)
– 2004 HDR
– 1997-2007 Master Conf. : UMR 8642 (UPMC-Paris 6 / ENS, Prof. P. Sinay)
– 1994-1997 Training Post-doc
Synthesis of carbon and nitrogen analogues of sugars from glyconolactones (Oxford University, Dyson Perrins Laboratory, Prof.. GWJ Fleet)
– 1990-1994 PhD cyclic amidines derived from D-mannose: synthesis, structure and inhibitory potency towards glycosidases (University of Nantes, Prof. C. Tellier)
Organic synthesis, Glycochemistry broadly, Total Synthesis
iminosugars, glycosylation, glycosciences, cyclodextrins
– Access to both L-and D-iminosugar C-glycosides from a D-gluco derived 6-azidolactol exploiting a ring isomerisation / alkylation strategy, Org. Lett. 2012, 14, 870-873.
– Alpha-CYTEP: a cyclodextrin tetraplex based catalyst exhibiting billion TON in Suzuki coupling Chem. Commun. 2011, 47, 9206-9208.
– Can hetero-polysubstituted cyclodextrins be considered as inherently chiral concave molecules? Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49, 2314-2318.
– Analysis of the reaction coordinate of a-L fucosidases: a combined structural and quantum mechanical approach, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 1804-1806.
– Direct experimental evidence for the high chemical reactivity of a- and b-xylopyranosides adopting a 2,5B conformation in glycosyl transfer, Chem. Eur. J. 2011, 17, 7345 -7356.
– Inhibition of GH84 O-GlcNacases by polyhydroxylated 3- and 4-acetamido azepanes : inhibitor flexibility enables to probe substrate distorsion, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 5390-5392.
– Stereochemical Assignment and First Synthesis of the Core of Miharamycin Antibiotics Chem. Eur. J. 2008, 14, 10066 -10073.
– Structural and biochemical evidence for a boat like transition state in beta-mannosidases Nature Chem. Biol. 2008, 4, 306-312.
– New Synthetic Seven-Membered 1-Azasugars Displaying Potent Inhibition Towards Glycosidases and Glucosylceramide Transferase ChemBioChem, 2008, 9, 253-260.
Appendix B27 building
University of Poitiers
4 rue Michel Brunet
Tel: +33 (0) 5.49 45 39 66
– Teaching organic chemistry at the Technical University in progress, TD, TP
– Teaching chemistry of sugars in M2 at the University of Poitiers
– Collaborations International (USA, Canada, UK, Japan, China, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Switzerland, Czech Republic) and national (Toulouse, Paris VI, Paris XI, Versailles, ENS Cachan)
– Scientist for the AFM Telethon, the Rhône-Alpes region, the Picardie region, this ANR
– Member of the Editorial Board of Open Glycoscience (Bentham Publishers)
– Visiting Professor at the University of Guizhou (China) 2007-2009